The following sale and agreement is made and entered into by and between the following parties and is effective on this date.
Breeder: Mapleleaf Goldens Email: email@example.com
Donna Gotzian: 18874 243rd Avenue NW Big Lake, MN 55309 (763) 263-6440
Puppy: DOB: Sex: Collar color:
We agree to the following terms in the sale and purchase of this Golden Retriever puppy:
2. PURCHASE PRICE. The purchase price is $ _____ and shall be tendered in full by the time the puppies are 6 weeks old. Any checks with insufficient funds or stop payment will constitute return of puppy immediately at buyers expense.
3. DEPOSIT. Breeder hereby accepts a deposit of $500.00 and shall be applied towards the purchase price of the puppy. Breeder shall not hold a puppy for buyer until said deposit has been received. Pick order is determined by date deposit is received by breeder. Deposit is refundable only up to 2 week after puppies are born.
4. BREEDER GUARANTEES.
A. The Breeder hereby warrants and guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has been examined by a Veterinarian. Puppy has received its first vaccinations and has been wormed. Vaccination records will be furnished at time of delivery. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed Veterinarian within 1 week of receipt of the puppy. If within that period, the health of the puppy is found to be at risk due to congenital defect (existing at birth), owner shall notify Breeder and provide a written statement from said Veterinarian describing puppy’s condition and shall return, at Buyer’s expense, returns the puppy and papers to Breeder within three days of the examination. Breeder will replace puppy or refund the money at the Breeder’s sole election and discretion, provided puppy is in the same condition mentally and physically as when originally purchased.
B. Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving the Breeder's possession.
C. Breeder offers a two year guarantee on any puppy found to have congenital heart disease, as diagnosed by a board certified canine cardiologist.
D. Breeder offers a two year guarantee on any puppy found to have congenital eye disease, as diagnosed by a board certified veterinary ophthalmologist.
E. Breeder offers a two year hip and elbow guarantee on any puppy found to have degenerative joint disease, as diagnosed by qualified veterinarian, and confirmed by an OFA evaluation.
F. To be covered by this guarantee, the following conditions are applicable and are preconditions:
1. Puppy must be owned by original buyer named in this agreement.
2. In the case of sudden death of puppy, the Breeder must receive a written notice of
puppy's death from owner's vet, along with a necropsy report indicating cause of death.
G. In the event of emergence of a hip, heart, or eye disorder as described above,
which is severe in nature and which will significantly decrease the quality of life or
longevity of the dog, Breeder shall either:
1. Replace the dog with one of equivalent quality from the next available litter bred by the Breeder OR
2. Refund 100% of the original purchase price to the buyer.
5. LIMITATIONS OF GUARANTEE. THE FOLLOWING WILL VOID ALL GUARANTEES:
A. Buyer permitting the dog to be underfed or overfed at any time.
o Definition of Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
o Ideal Body Condition: Can feel outline of ribs. Dog has a waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
o Definition of Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
B. Evidence of neglect or abuse.
C. Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc.)
D. Dog has been bred accidental or planned.
E. Feeding this dog anything other than a premium quality dog food.
F. Evidence of Strenuous Exercise – for example: No treadmill, no jogging prior to the age of one, no extensive standing on back of legs, no extensive retrieving or playing on slippery floors.
6. REGISTRATION OF PUPPY. This puppy is sold only as a pet and companion as such, registration for this puppy is “limited” as defined by the American Kennel Club, which in turn means your puppy can not be breed at anytime and will be required to be spayed/neutered after the age of 1 year old. Only Full Registration puppies can be breed, with the breeders approval.
7. SURRENDER OF DOG. Buyer agrees that this puppy will never be surrendered to any humane society, animal rescue group or animal shelter. Breeder will accept any dog that is unable to be cared for and shall assume ownership of, possession of, and responsibility for any such animal previously purchased from Breeder.
8. COSTS OF RETURNS. Should an animal purchased under this agreement be returned for any reasons whatsoever, Buyer accepts responsibility for, and shall pay, without recourse against the Seller, any and all transportation expenses and veterinary charges. Should an exchange animal be agreed upon, the Buyer shall be responsible for any and all costs, charges, and/or fees associated with transportation of the exchange animal from Breeder to Buyer.
9. MODIFICATION. This agreement may be modified only by a written agreement signed by all the parties.
THERE SHALL BE NO ORAL MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT.
10. CANCELLATION. Breeder retains the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel this contract at any time and for any reason prior to the puppy reaching 8 weeks of age. If Breeder opts to cancel this contract, Breeder shall refund Buyer’s deposit within one week of said cancellation. The Breeder always has rights to first pick from any litter.
The following parties have read this Purchase Agreement in full and hereby accept and agree to all terms contained in this Agreement and further acknowledge receipt of a copy of this agreement.
Breeder: Mapleleaf Goldens: Donna Gotzian Date:_______________